Role: Caseworker, 1 day per week for 1 year.
Salary: £5200 per annum.
Working on: Prisoners Project and general casework
The work includes
Applying for benefits for older Irish people, including those in prison and due to be released soon, including:
· Attendance Allowance
· UK and Irish pensions
· Personal Independent Payment
· Carer’s Allowance
· Any other benefits as required
Advocacy on many other welfare rights issues, e.g. housing problems and difficulties with landlords.
· Ability to advocate on behalf of people in need of help
· Empathy with older people
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Being kind and supportive
To apply, please email email@example.com with a letter outlining your suitability and why you would like the role. Deadline is Thursday 12th September at 5pm.